Friday, April 11, 2008

Sista Soul

Last weekend, my linesister Miz Dazey celebrated her 40th Birthday party with a Monte Carlo night event. When we heard about the party, I immediately called on the best babysitters out there, my Goddaughters, the S Girls. The oldest S Girl couldn't come because she had a dance audition at one of the universities she was accepted to for fall '08 (I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!). The youngest S Girl said she would spend the weekend with us and keep Juicy Boy and Princess. YES!

I went and found a really cute black sequined halter dress with Mommy and knew I was going to be looking fly. That is until I tried it on the night before and realized for a number of reasons, this was not the dress. I went out the morning of the party with Miz Dazey (one of my fashion consultants) to find a dress. I tried on a good 12 -14 dresses (many of which looked way better on my body than they did on the hanger) to get down to the final four. I chose a sexy wine colored body hugging dress that made me STRUT my stuff. This was such a special affair, that I went and found two sets of accessories (in case one looked better than the other with my jeweled FM shoes), and even went and got my make up done.

Well, when I got home with my face made up, Bear gave me the perfect reaction--a huge smile. After I showed him the dress with the shoes, he said he wasn't sure we were going to make it to the party!!! I finally did my hair and put my shoes on and I FELT LIKE CINDERELLA going to the ball.

Bear and I had our first date night since I was placed on bed rest November 21, 2006. It was nice to get dressed up and go out dancing like we used to. Bear was looking very dapper too! We laughed, we talked, we reminisced, we dreamed. We danced and just enjoyed each other's company. We celebrated Miz Dazey's life and how she makes the life of everyone she meets better and brighter. We hung out with Mommy and Daddy (they were at the shindig too!). Date night was revived. I was Bear's SOUL SISTA...

I had a wonderful night out with my husband. I'm just glad that I felt equally as beautiful inside as I did outside and my fairy tale didn't end at midnight.

No comments: