Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Princess and the Frog

Did you hear, Disney has finally decided to make an animated movie featuring an African American princess? Yes, African Americans are finally worthy enough to have a fairy tale told about them that includes a Black Princess! I was so excited when I heard the movie would be out in 2009. The movie is entitled The Princess and the Frog and is based on the fairy tale The Frog Princess and is supposed to take place in New Orleans during the 1920's.

I could just picture Princess and I going to see The Princess and the Frog on a special "Girls Day Out." I imagined seeing lots of other African American mothers and daughters at the theater along with other mother and daughter pairs on opening day. I thought about purchasing all of the movie inspired dolls, clothes, bedding, etc. for Princess. Let me tell you, I was geeked.

Here's a teaser trailer of the movie:


I am really excited about seeing the movie. Princess saw the trailer and asked when we could go see it. She said the princess was so beautiful and "she was brown!" Now, why does the lightning bug have to be missing all of those teeth? Come on Disney!

What are your thoughts?

No comments: