Saturday, September 6, 2008

Shave and a Haircut


I started back to school two weeks ago. The relaxing, hazy days of summer were over and I was getting into the swing of things at work. I came home happy to see my family and eager to spend quality time with them. On Thursday, while playing with Juicy Boy after work, I noticed that something wasn't quite right with his hair. I looked and rubbed and looked and rubbed. I told Bear that Juicy Boy's hair looked like he had a plug missing. He assured me that he didn't touch Juicy Boy's hair since his last haircut the week before.

I kept looking and then turned to Princess to ask if she knew anything about Juicy Boy's new hairstyle. She didn't say anything. Bear asked her if she cut some of Juicy Boy's haircut. She hid her face in his shirt. The truth sssssssssssssslllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwlllllllllllllyyyyyyy came out. She was cutting her dolls hair and decided to cut a piece of his! I went in her room and found the curls on the floor.

We talked with her and explained how Juicy Boy could have gotten hurt if he had moved while she was cutting his hair. She cried and apologized and we went about our evening.

I went to work the next day and hung out with Team MBS after work. When I came home and opened the door, Bear told me to close my eyes. I said okay and listened to him tell me that I was hot or cold in order to reach him. I like games and Bear likes surprising me just because, so I was trying to figure out what I would see when I opened my eyes. I was wondering if it was a new top, some cute shoes, a pair of running socks. It could be anything.

Well, when I opened my eyes I couldn't believe it...a little brown Calliou was staring at me. Bear had shaved off all of Juicy Boys hair to even out the plug his loving sister "styled" into his hair. I wanted to cry! Juicy Boy just sat there with his big bright eyes and laughed. Bear said he almost gave Juicy Boy a fro-hawk, but the plug was in the wrong place. Lord help us!

Juicy Boy's hair is growing back...thank God! There are too many stylists in the house:)

1 comment:

Mango Mama said...

O.k., I know this was a bit traumatic while you were experiencing it in the moment, but he does look great.

Olivia once cut about 2" off one of her dreads right smack in the middle of her forehead. It's taken years for it to catch up with the rest of her locs. She looked like a little unicorn.