Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Reason for the Season...

I am feeling the Christmas Spirit, but I know some of you are not. Christmas is a tough time of year for many people. When your feeling you're funk, sing this Heather Headley song from a couple years back, He Is. I know this song was played on the radio and many people thought it was about her man. Well, Rev. Hicks, pastor of Metropolitan Baptist Church in Washington DC, broke this song down in a sermon that I will never forget.

Heather Headley sings...He is..the mind injector, the heart protector, the soul defender of anything I fear, the baby conceiver, the make me believer, the joy bringer, the love giver He is the dough increaser, the pleasure releaser ,the hard knocks knower without the scars to show ya, the night school teacher, the good life preacher, the caretaker, the kiss craver, He is the make it alright to get you through the night ,the soul defender of anything I fear, The pain remover, bad times undoer, the joy bringer, the love giver.

When you think about it, God is this and so much more. That is enough to make a smile permeate my heart. I hope it reaches yours...

No comments: