Friday, November 16, 2007

cornucopia of happiness

it seems like puff the magic dragon (the princess),the pea in the pod (juicy boy), and i were just trick-o-treatin' last week, but Thanksgiving is just around the corner. literally. Thanksgiving is a special holiday. Thanksgiving is a spiritual holiday (religious and not religious). it is one when my spirit gets full. my spirit is full because of my love for my family and the gratitude i have for the blessings i have received.

i love my family! i love my family! i love my family! you know that my family members are my friends and my friends are my family members. i was so overjoyed this summer to go to our family reunion that i could barely contain my energy. i was hyped! i took over 100 pictures in three days of gg's (great grandmothers...shout out to princess' and juicy boy's Alice the Great!), neenee's (there's none betta than you glo!!!), buddah's (whose heart is soooo big?!!! do your cheeks hurt from smiling? pop-pop is smiling down on the legacy), aunties (or should i say slim goodie?), uncles, sisters, brothers (my twin in spirit...yeah, we really are related), cousins, wives, husbands (go Bear!), children, friends, craig an' 'em. i always feel a spiritual energy when i'm around my people. the hair on my arms literally stands up. i start talking fast and loud, my hands get all sweaty, and if i have my favorite family music on...(family reunion, harvest for the world, firecracker, that's what Christmas means to me my love, be grateful, etc.) i am just on fire in such a high vibration. so getting together on one day with the family for Thanksgiving just makes my heart feel good. we celebrate life (past, present, and future). we take time to be thankful for all of our many blessings. and you know that we what?...throw down (my brother makes some mean rolls and sweet potato pie)!!!

Thanksgiving is a day that i just think and thank all day long. God is awesome. one song that my cousin sara used to sing that is my Thanksgiving theme is be grateful. the song says, "be grateful because there's someone else worse off than you, be grateful because there's someone else who'd love to be in your shoes, be grateful, God said that He'd never forsake you, be grateful, for it will be alright...everything will be alright."

i am grateful for the many blessings that God bestows upon me and mine. i am grateful that i have a loving family. i am grateful for all of your friendships. i am thankful for the angels watching over me. i am thankful for my right mind (most of the time;) i am thankful for healthy and happy children. i am thankful for creativity. i am thankful for music...music is my life. i am thankful for intelligence, not measured, just mine. i am thankful for soul sistahs. i am thankful for ancestors. i am thankful for learning and growing. i am thankful for these things and so much more...

i am a cornucopia of happiness on Thanksgiving. i hope you feel the love overflowing in your direction.

No comments: