Thursday, November 15, 2007

pull out your silver slippers (or ruby red) and...ease on down

i watched the wizard of oz with my princess last friday night (fridays are our movie nights). i thought she should see the other version of the wiz. don'tcha like how in my life the wiz is the "original?" anyway...after looking at both movies on back to back fridays i thought about what draws me to them. i have everybody rejoice (can't you feel a brand new day?!) and if you believe (lena horne version) on my ipod. i sing the songs regularly and my princess and i have been easin' on down the road a lot lately. what i realized is that i love the message of the movies that says through it all; uncertainty, doubt, and fear, the power of overcoming and going beyond your situation lies within you.

the power of overcoming and going beyond your current situation or vision is something that i am working on. we are all like dorothy in her quest to get home...we have the power to (fill in your own blank) within us. that power within comes from God! dr. michael beckwith (ya'll know he's my man!! so anointed!!!!) tells us that the bible says, "it is done unto you as you believe" (you gotta check out this 30-minute sermon http://www.giftofagape.org/ ).

so, instead of looking at life from a deficit view (i'm broke, i don't have this, i can't do that...) i'm trying to look at life differently. i'm done with struggling (of my own doing) and fighting God's will. i am ready to do the work that allows me to recognize that i am available for something greater than what i can think or visualize at this time. i am ready to be so far outside of the box that the box is unrecognizable. i am available for the greater good...because i know that God is the power within me. i just need to remember to put on those silver or ruby red slippers each morning...so that i can ease on down the road (of life) with grace and spiritual dignity. now, please help me when i can't find my slippers in the closet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you jillybean! If you know like I know this is the only way to survive (i mean LIVE). God bless you and don't you carry nothin that might be a load...:)
Mon G

Mama Kim said...

Jillybean, Jillybean, Jillybean! Ain't life all just a wonderful, beautiful trip! Hey my sister, guess what? Those magical slippers don't ever have to come off, if you don't want them to. They are so special you can wear them in the shower, when you go to bed at night, or even when you think they might shine a little to brightly for the particular company you might be around..How's that!!!
Wear your slippers ALWAYS!
Shine your light!
What a blessing this day, this blog in this way-looking so forward to hearing more and more:)

Your sis

Mango Mama said...

Jillybean, I love that concept--- I want to be so far out the box that the box is unrecognizable.

What a great blog. I'll be stopping by daily. Keep on keepin' on. God bless.

OctoberBreeze said...

As usual, I love your spiritual reflections. It helps me reflect on my own place in the universe. Keep it coming. It's food for my soul.....T.O.