Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Daddy's Girl

This post isn't about me this time. It's about Princess. Last week, Princess and Bear went out to "get us some lunch." They were going before my girlfriend came over with her son to play with us at the pool. My friend arrives and we get ready to go to the pool. I figure that Bear will bring Princess to the pool when they return because they've been gone for quite awhile.

As we gather our stuff to head to the pool, Bear calls to see if my friend arrived. I told her that she did. He said that he and Princess were on their way home and that they'd meet us at the pool. Cool! We are making our way to the pool when he drops Princess off. Bear gives us a holla and heads home to change. She runs up to us with a bottle of water and gets very excited about going swimming. She and Juicy Boy are truly water babies.

Princess jumps right into the pool after putting on her swim vest. She's getting ready to go in a second time when I ask her if she had lunch. She stops, turns, and looks at me and tells me she got a bottled water. I told her that I saw her water and ask her if she went to lunch with Daddy again. She looks at me this time and says...nothing.

I start giggling to myself. This chickadee is keeping her date with her daddy a secret from me. She didn't lie. She didn't tell me it was none of my business. She wasn't sassy at all. She just conveyed her message...what goes on when she's with Daddy isn't for Mommy to know. Let me tell you...I KNOW I AM IN TROUBLE IN THE FUTURE!

I told Bear what happened and he cracked up. He said that he and Princess' dates were like Vegas sometimes. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Princess is truly a Daddy's Girl!!!

Her act of omission just lets me know her bond with Bear is growing more and more each day. I am grateful for that. I know she'll need to confide in him without my knowledge every now and then. I'm so sure about it because that is the same bond that I have with my daddy. But let me tell you, she really makes me laugh.

No comments: