Tuesday, July 1, 2008

He's a Big Boy Now


It happened on Sunday, although Bear and I tried to hold out as long as possible. Juicy Boy got his one year old hair cut. We followed the African American tradition of not cutting Juicy Boy's hair during his first year of life. He rocked little curly ringlets...his own natural style for 14 months. He looked so cute (mother's love ooh, mother's love).

But now he is officially a big boy. He's wearing a nice summer cut that changes his appearance. Everyone who's seen him has exclaimed..."oh, my! where's your hair?" or "oh, look at the big boy with the big boy hair cut!" He just grins and grins. I think he likes his new style. I've caught him rubbing his hands over his head a couple of times. I know my dad will love Juicy Boy's new look. He's been asking, "When you gonna cut that boy's hair?"

No more Mommy's baby...(sigh)...SIKE! Always Mommy's baby:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Juicy Boy strongly favors your dad. Both of your children are beautiful!!!

My youngest son still has his hair from birth. He is 7 years old and his hair is cascading down his back, "rasta youth style" dreadlocks.

This week I took him to my loctician for maintenance, which he usually hates for me to do. He likes to wear them wild and fancy free. He loves Bob Marley, Reggae, Rasta... He did a good job with her though. It is now twisted back out of his face into a neat style, which makes mommy and daddy happy.