Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Soul Food

I had the best soul food this weekend! Ya'll know I love a good meal of greens, macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, corn bread, and sweet tea, but that is not the soul food that I'm speaking of this time.

The soul food I'm speaking of was an outdoor concert at the Carter Baron in DC on Saturday night featuring Kindred the Family Soul and Rahsaan Patterson. I went to the concert with my line sisters the Shoe Diva, the Exercise Example, and the Partner. We had a good time together enjoying the music and each other. Both of these acts sing (and they can really sing!) about real love...the kind that's not always perfect, but the kind that recognizes and relishes in the special and unique qualities of the individuals while growing together.

Kindred and Rahsaan Patterson sing about that mighty love. They fed my soul. I hope this song feeds yours.

No comments: