Monday, July 28, 2008

One Foot in Front of the Other


When I came back from walking this morning with some of my crew, Team Mind, Body, and Soul, I logged in my workout on the Nike+ system and I was pleased to see a banner across my page celebrating that I HAVE WALKED 100 MILES since I started walking in March!!!!! I was sooo excited. I have a virtual milestone badge in my Nike+ profile. I printed out the certificate and posted it on my computer for continued inspiration.

Can you believe it?!! Jillybean has walked 100 miles, and at a pace of 15.36 minutes per mile no less. I have been humping. I get up in the morning around 6:00 (I got up at 5:30 this morning!!!) and hit the road. Sometimes I walk with the girls from Team Mind, Body, and Soul, sometimes I walk by myself, and sometimes I walk with the family. Team Mind, Body and Soul is a wonderful support group. Bear and I take the kids with us some mornings and get a family workout. He takes Princess in the running stroller and I walk with Juicy Boy in his stroller. I affectionately call them my resistance weights. Bear is such a huge supporter of my working out. He makes sure that I have time to workout when I want and need to. He encourages me and tells me how proud he is of me. He challenges me to increase my speed and push the limits. Bear even picks up things to help keep me motivated like and arm band for my ipod (I was sweating so much that my ipod was getting wet and I lost some data), getting me better fitting sneakers (the new sneakers have a bigger toe box), and cute exercise tops and socks!

I am so geeked that I reached the 100 mile milestone. When I thought about how far 100 miles is, I realized that it's like walking to my parents' house in DE from my old house in Forestville, MD. That's like walking from Reston to Richmond. Who knew that if I put one foot in front of the other that I'd be walking further than across the floor?



I can't wait to reach the next milestone. I'm walking about 6 miles every other day now. For the past two Saturdays, Team Mind, Body and Soul has walked 7 miles. I feel empowered! A nice side effect of walking is that my body is really responding and I wore a cute little black dress on Saturday that I haven't been able to fit in more than 5 years!
Let me know if you want to come walk with me one day.

No comments: