Thursday, July 3, 2008

We're Going on a Trip

As you know, I am a mother of two children under five. Because of Princess and Juicy Boy, I watch a lot of Noggin television. I love the channel for the commercial free pre-school shows that promote early reading skills, early math skills, sharing, friendship, honesty, and other positive social behaviors. Instead of commercials, Noggin plays music videos for children. I know quite a few hits from Laurie Buckner and Dan Zane. Noggin also has it's own catchy songs with featuring Moose A. Moose and his sidekick Zee. One of those songs is called, "Are We There Yet?"

Princess loves this song. She can be heard singing, "Are we there yet, are we there yet? My excitement's getting stronger. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I really can't wait much longer!" Well, she's not the only one singing the song now. I'm singing it too because, we are going on a trip!

The Thomas women (my mom, grandmom, aunt, great aunt, cousin, Princess and I) plus Juicy Boy are going on a trip to the beach. We're not going down the shore like I used to when I was younger when we went to Wildwood or Cape May from Philly. We're going to Virginia Beach to spend some quality time, soak up the sun (I LOVE THE SUN), play in the sand and the ocean.

I was thinking of taking one of my library books to read, but I know I won't have time to rest on the beach. I'll be making sand castles, playing with dump trunks, and dipping in the ocean with Princess and Juicy Boy. Last year Juicy Boy slept quite a bit on the beach. We had a cabana which provides a good amount of shade while still allowing you to feel the breeze and the breeze was our friend. This year I'll probably be chasing him up and down the beach while watching him eat sand (YUCK)! That's just fine with me. I guess that will be a part of my daily exercise while I'm gone.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? My excitement's getting stronger. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I really can't wait much longer!"

Happy Fourth of July!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love noggin!!!! that may be weird (im 12) but i liked beside the seaside better than are we there yet. i like that song though! they change the song every month and this month (July) is Are we there yet.

jillybean said...

Kitkat Pinky,
I actually thought of using Beside the Seaside, but since Princess kept asking when we were going, I selected Are We There Yet. Thanks for stopping by. How'd you find me?:)

Mango Mama said...

Hey Jilly! Both my kids ate loads of sand their first years at the beach. I hope you guys have a lovely time.

Lanny said...

I'm so embarrassed to admit how I found you: I was looking for lyrics to the Moose A Moose song. My daughter kind of jumbles a few words, and need to figure out what they are so she can sing them instead. Anyway, I had to comment to tell you that your kids are ADORABLE!

jillybean said...

Lanny,
I'm glad you stopped by! Don't worry about how you got here...please continue to stop by. Welcome... Thank you for the warm compliment about my children. I love them!

Miriam said...

i love this song!